Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2026

The Bend in the Road

🌿  The Bend in the Road  ðŸŒ¿ 
A Personal Reflection by Verna 

  
Dedication 

For the friends who listened without judgment, stayed without questions, and reminded me that courage does not always roar. 

 For those who offered quiet support instead of advice, understanding instead of pity. 

 ___________________________________________________________________ 

 The Bend in the Road 

 Two years of waiting, just checking things out, 
 Endless appointments and shadows of doubt. 
 Then the answer arrived and the mystery cleared, 
 It was the very roadblock I secretly feared. 

 The nights are the hardest, just staring awake, 
 Anxious of changes and choices to make. 
 I could use some support, yet pride bars the door, 
 Not wanting to burden a soul anymore. 

 At times it feels like a battle fought all on my own,
 Unsure if I'm ready to make the whole story known. 
 So I've kept it close, confiding in a trusted few, 
 Old friends who understand and quietly see me through. 

 I don't want your pity or sorrowful sighs, 
 Just gentle compassion from understanding eyes. 
 No questions are needed, no details to send, 
 Only your quiet support as I wait for the bend. 

 I have apprehensions, yet I'm braving this storm, 
 Holding on to hope and keeping my spirit warm. 
 Though shadows may linger and doubts may begin, 
 I carry a brave soul, and I know I will win. 

 Like a fallen soldier, I'll gather each piece, 
 Speaking kindness to myself until the inner storms cease. 
 The future is unwritten, but I'm standing my ground, 
 Ready for whatever the next chapter has found. 

 And somewhere along this uncertain way, 
 I've learned that strength isn't carrying everything each day. 
 Sometimes it's letting others walk beside you awhile, 
 Accepting their kindness, their presence, their smile. 

 The road ahead may twist where I cannot yet see, 
 But fear will not have the final word over me. 
 One step at a time, with faith as my guide, 
 I'll face what comes next with courage by my side. 

 ✨ Personal Note This poem marks a turning point in my journey. It is about learning to release a burden carried quietly for years. It is about accepting support, setting boundaries, finding strength in vulnerability, and choosing hope while facing uncertainty. The bend in the road is not the end of the story. It is the place where fear begins to loosen its grip, where healing begins, and where a new chapter quietly unfolds. 

 October 2026 Written during a season of healing, reflection, courage, and renewed hope. 🌱 "The future is unwritten, but I am standing my ground." 🌱
Message Copilot

No comments:

Post a Comment